Natural stone is very porous. It is best to use a sealer that fills in the natural pores to help repel spills on the surface. We recommend that you use care and maintenance products that are specially formulated to protect and enhance the beauty of your granite. Once your stone is sealed, clean up is usually easy.
What are the DO’s and DON’Ts of Granite?
* DO use a professional sealer to protect your stone.
* DO clean up spills immediately to minimize damage to your stone.
* DO use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
* DO use place mats under china, ceramics, silver and other objects that can scratch your stone’s surface.
* DO use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
* DON’T wait to clean up spills on stone.
* DON’T use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub cleaners.
* DON’T use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners.
* DON’T use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
* DON’T use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.